Pros: In terms of versatility, you get the benefit of registering for products from the thousands of well-known Amazon retailers (and get to see their product reviews BEFORE you register for it), and you also get the option to add items from other stores such as Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel with their Universal Registry. If wedding guests are Prime subscribers they’ll also benefit from free shipping.
Cons: If guests purchase an item from your Universal Registry (meaning a product that was added from another third-party retailer not associated with Amazon, such as West Elm), the guest is essentially just directed to that store and they have to purchase the item on that retailer’s site. You will also have to make sure that your shipping address is listed on your wedding website because Amazon does not reveal that information to your guests for all third-party purchases, which kind of sucks. After a guest makes a purchase they then have to go back to Amazon to confirm that it was purchased. One important note is that you might be charged for returns from some third-party sellers and merchants, and if you choose gifts using the Universal Registry then the returns will depend on that retailer. I think if I were to register on Amazon I would make sure I had a Prime account and only choose items from that list so I could get free returns. The last thing I’ll says is that I also think Amazon’s interface is not the prettiest, which sounds shallow but when you’re spending a lot of time and effort on things like your wedding website, invitations, etc. it’s nice to kind of continue that same experience.

Comments
Post a Comment